Free2B is an essential local service that has been in Wandsworth for Free2B has been in Wandsworth for 6 years and their Gap LGBTQ+ youth club for 11.
They support LGBTQ+ young people and their parents whilst also providing LGBTQ+ inclusivity training to organisations.
Lucie Brooke (Co-Director) of Free2B said
“As we head into the festive season we are launching our Christmas appeal with a target to raise £5000 to ensure we can continue running our weekly wellbeing activities and proving wellbeing resources which started in lockdown and are never more needed – Christmas is such a difficult time for LGBTQ+ young people who are not accepted by their families.
We’ve had an amazing offer from a private donor to match donations up to our target of £5000! So every penny donated will be DOUBLED!”
Group’s members said of Free 2B:
“I gained a new understanding of what it’s like to be in the community, everyone is so open and inclusive”.
“I have made a whole other family and it’s a brilliant place to make friends who truly support you in who you are”.
“I couldn’t be where I am today if I had never come to GAP and then rainbow power”.
“I feel more welcomed than I would at home with family so this is like a family to me.”
How to donate?
- Sign up with Easy Fundraising and raise money every time you shop…it doesn’t cost you anything as the donation comes from the stores!!
- Consider making a one-off donation
- Go green and send eChristmas cards designed by members!
- Take part in the Rainbow Lottery and be in with a chance to win £25000
- Become a Regular Giver & receive our special edition ‘Friends of Free2B’ updates
To support the Free2B appeal please visit: https://free2b.lgbt/donate/
You can also read their 2020-21 Impact Report – https://bit.ly/3kTn0RI
Please do share this appeal far and wide with your friends, family and networks.